Back to the timeline
Back to the timeline

Delorimier Stadium

Share

The first home of the Montreal Alouettes was Delorimier Stadium, located on Notre-Dame Street at the corner of Delorimier Avenue, where the team played from 1946 to 1953. The Alouettes set an attendance record for football games in Canada when 24,000 people attended a playoff game at Delorimier Stadium. The Alouettes owner, Léo Dandurand, brought in 2,500 seats from the Montreal Forum for the occasion. Over the next eight years, the Alouettes shared Delorimier Stadium with Montreal’s baseball team, the Royals.

Fans
comments